GET FREE GOOD UPLIFTING NEWS

Email:

Monday, November 2, 2009

Listen up.




There are a thousand chirping birds in my head most nights - in the day they reduce to a high pitched group of crickets singing in unison. I am a nature lover but this is ridiculous.


Some people might think it would be lovely to listen to these constant companions but I wish they would get out of my head and leave me in peace and quiet. They are sometimes so loud it is difficult to hear other things like what the children are trying to say to me.




I think people who have tinnitus may become lip readers without really knowing it. I noticed this when a new doctor was speaking and I had to work really hard to listen as I could not read her lips - she had a strong accent which makes lip reading difficult to the novice. I have only had tinnitus constantly for 6 years now. It is just added to my list of symptoms and no doctor (in the many that I see) has ever investigated it further.


To tell the truth it is only really annoying on those nights when I cannot get to sleep easily and I lie there listening to the sound of a thousand chirping birds...
(BREAKING NEWS: Henry Ford Hospital offers hope to the more than 50 million patients with tinnitus. )



2 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

I have known several people who suffer the chirping. I don't know how I could handle it.

Lee @ sjogrens blog said...

We all have stuff and we mostly just deal with it